What is the most important information I should know about DALIRESP?
DALIRESP can cause serious side effects.
Tell your healthcare provider right
away if you have any of the symptoms listed below while taking DALIRESP.
- DALIRESP may cause mental health problems, including suicidal thoughts and behavior.
Some people taking DALIRESP may develop mood or behavior problems, including thoughts
of suicide or dying, attempt to commit suicide, trouble sleeping (insomnia), new
or worse anxiety, new or worse depression, acting on dangerous impulses, or other
unusual changes in behavior or mood.
- Weight loss. DALIRESP can cause weight loss. You should check your weight
on a regular basis. You will also need to see your healthcare provider regularly
to have your weight checked. If you notice that you are losing weight, call your
healthcare provider. Your healthcare provider may ask you to stop taking DALIRESP
if you lose too much weight.
- DALIRESP may affect the way other medicines work, and other medicines may affect
how DALIRESP works. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you
take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal
Who should not take DALIRESP?
Do not take DALIRESP if you have certain liver problems. Talk with your healthcare
provider before taking DALIRESP if you have liver problems.
What should I tell my healthcare provider before taking DALIRESP?
Before you take DALIRESP, tell your healthcare provider if you:
- Have or have had a history of mental health problems, including depression and suicidal
- Have liver problems
- Have any other medical conditions
- Are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if DALIRESP will harm your
- Are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if DALIRESP passes into
your breast milk
What are the most common side effects of DALIRESP?
The most common side effects of DALIRESP include diarrhea, weight loss, nausea,
headache, back pain, flu-like symptoms, problems sleeping (insomnia), dizziness,
and decreased appetite. These are not all the possible side effects of DALIRESP.
Always tell your healthcare provider about any side effects that bother you or don’t
Please also see Medication Guide within full